Monday, April 25, 2011

Left Arlington, VA, arrived Fairbanks, Alaska

Sunday at 8am... or was it 4am... my plane took to the skies and I was headed back home to Fairbanks! Despite having grown up with long plane rides, the DC to Seattle flight is -long-! A short layover in Seattle and then to Anchorage to visit with friends on a long layover. Heading to the airport again we saw a moose off the road a bit, guess I'm back in Alaska, eh? A short hop to Fairbanks and I was home! At that point it was 3:59am... or 11:59pm. I had grand plans of calling Mathew and a few places in DC, until my friend pointed out at dinner that it wasn't 3pm in DC... it was 11pm! Time to switch back the time-zone mindset! Once in Fairbanks, I got a ride home with a friend and fellow driver, and then, sleep in a real bed!

Last Photos of Washington, DC (from plane)


First photo of Alaska! Also from Plane. This is just before landing in Anchorage.
First moose I've seen in almost eight months!
A very common setting in which to see moose. Yay! (P.S. If the ears go back further... drive away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment